RULES & REGULATIONS
Desert View RV Park Rules & Regulations
We want your stay at our RV park to be as enjoyable as possible. Please take a moment to review the following rules and regulations for daily/weekly or monthly stays before using the facilities.
Download Daily & Weekly Park Policies Download Monthly Rules & Regulations
Daily & Weekly Park Policies
Welcome to our Desert View RV park! Please familiarize yourself with the following rules and regulations to ensure a safe and enjoyable stay for all guests.
- Our speed limit is 10 mph where there are spaces and 20 mph on the forked road getting to levels 2 & 3. Please respect this for the safety of all our guests.
- A valid credit card must be on file for all stays, even if you pay cash.
- Quiet hours are from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day. You will be warned once for a noise violation by our staff, and then the police will be called if the noise continues.
- ATVs, motorbikes, and any recreational vehicles are welcome but are not to be run after quiet hours. Drivers must abide by the speed limit and may not play within the park. We have direct trail access indicated on our park map.
- All codes given out to guests are for guests only. Do not give out codes to people you do not know. Do not prop doors open, as unwanted guests and pests will come in. We lock down our facilities by 10 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Only one self-contained rig is allowed in each space. You will be fined if multiple rigs are in one site or hooked into one electrical pedestal. Space rental includes two vehicles, one recreational trailer, and one rig, as long as it does not obstruct roads or other sites. You may be asked to park cars elsewhere. We do not allow tents.
- Do not drive through or park on vacant sites.
- If you leave a mess or cause damage in the bathrooms or your site, you will be fined, and repeat offenders will be banned.
- Well-behaved pets are welcome. Any pet outside of your rig must be leashed. Four pets of any kind are the maximum allowed per site. Please pick up after your pet.
- Only contained fire pits that prevent fire from touching the ground are allowed. Please dispose of the ashes in our blue ash bins.
- The nightly/weekly rate is for four people. Any extra people are $6 per night.
- Children should be attended to throughout the park at all times.
- We are not responsible for any damages, stolen items, or personal injury and reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time. When you stay with us, you agree to abide by the rules. Repeat offenders will be asked to leave our park.
- We are on call 24/7 for emergencies. Please help us keep this park safe and fun by following the rules above, and enjoy your stay!
Rules for Monthly Stays at Desert View RV Park
Please read all of these rules carefully. If you are warned/fined/removed for any of the following, it is your responsibility to know the rules of staying with us prior.
- The speed limit in the park is 10 mph. Please respect this limit. The possibility of hitting someone or someone’s pet is not worth it. Please make your visitors aware of this rule as well. The entrance road speed limit is 25, and within the park, near spaces, 10 mph. Repeated offenses will result in the resident being asked to leave the park without a refund.
- Only 1 RV, 1 trailer, and 2 vehicles are permitted per site unless approved by the park management. If a site can fit less than this, the park may request that you store one vehicle or trailer to avoid blocking neighbors.
- At no time should 2 or more units be plugged into the electrical source at the site. If it is found that a resident has done this, strict action and a possible hefty fee will be assessed to the account.
- All RVs must be self-contained. This means that your RV is self-sustaining with its own bathroom, holding tank for water, and a working electrical system.
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. every day. If management or staff asks you more than twice in one night to be quiet, the police/security will be called to handle the situation. Excessively loud or disturbing noise made at any time is prohibited as well.
- Do not place grills or other flammable objects on picnic tables. Do not sit on picnic tables. A $100 fine will be assessed to the account if the table is found to be damaged.
- Do not drive, park, or walk through another tenant’s site. Proper RV etiquette also includes the care of unoccupied sites. Our staff cleans these, and driving through them creates more work for us and dirties the space for the next guest.
- Our monthly rates are based on 2 adults and 2 children. Any additional guests are $6 per person every night they are on the site. More resources are used per site with more guests.
- Please let us know as soon as possible upon your arrival how long you would like to stay in your space. Do not arrive assuming you have the space long-term if you do not explicitly make this arrangement with our office. Not making the proper arrangements upon arrival may result in our office moving your reservation to another space. To avoid this inconvenience, update the office as soon as you know when you will depart. If you have no set departure date, we will block your reservation for two years to avoid conflicts or until your requested year.
- A late fee of $25 will be assessed to the account on the 8th day after the rent and electricity are due. An additional $10 will be added every week after that. Your rent is due every 30 days from the day you arrive. The electric meter is read on the last day of every month and is due on the 1st of every month.
- By arriving and parking in a space, the resident agrees to leave a valid card on file, even if all future payments are via cash or check. Otherwise, a $500 cash security deposit is required and will be returned to you upon your departure.
- We have an auto-pay system available to those who want to avoid a monthly call for electricity or rent. Please come by the office and fill out an auto-pay form if you wish to do this.
- ATVs, side by sides, and any motorized recreational vehicles are welcome in our park on the agreement that drivers will go the speed limit within the park’s boundaries, will not perform tricks or excessive play in the park, and will not run their engines past the quiet hour of 10 p.m. We have easily accessible trails throughout our whole park. Please use them. If these stipulations are violated, you may be asked to refrain from bringing your recreational vehicles to our park or be entirely banned from returning.
- Up to 4 well-behaved pets per rig are welcome.
- All animal excrement in the park and on your site must be picked up immediately and disposed of properly. There are “doggie depots” throughout the park for your convenience.
- Any animal deemed by management to be “unfriendly” will be immediately removed from the park. Desert View’s management reserves the right to prohibit what they determine to be an excessively aggressive animal from entering or remaining in the park.
- Pets should not be left unattended outside the unit for extended periods, even if they are leashed or caged. We live in a very warm place where pets should not be outside for too long. Any mistreatment of animals within our park will not be tolerated, and legal action, as well as removal, may ensue if management deems it necessary.
- When outside your unit, pets must be on a leash at all times within the park boundaries.
- Portable dog fences are permitted with prior management approval.
- Animals cannot roam freely or be allowed into another tenant’s site without that tenant’s permission.
- Excessive barking will not be tolerated at any hour of day or night.
- By renting a space here at Desert View RV Park, you accept full responsibility for your animals. You agree to indemnify management, staff, and Desert View RV Park against any claim resulting from the actions of your pets.
Using and Maintaining Your Site
- Tenants are responsible for maintaining their site in a clean and orderly fashion at all times. Control weeds, keep the area clean and preferably well-lit at night to keep pests away, and do not leave trash on tables or anywhere around your site.
- Pick up cigarette butts and properly dispose of them. If a large number of cigarette butts are found on your site, a fine may be assessed to your account. No smoking of any kind is allowed in any of our communal facilities or bathrooms, including vaping.
- Fires directly on the ground are not permitted at any time. Fires must be contained in a designated metal fire pit. No old appliances, such as washer drums, may be used as fire pits. We sell firewood for $6 a bundle and rent out fire pits for $5 a night.
- Do not dump any grease on the ground on the site. A cleaning fee may be assessed if we find grease on your site.
- We do not allow the washing of vehicles of any sort that uses the park’s water line in any way, for any reason. Please hire a mobile washing service or take your vehicles to a car wash.
- We do not allow tents of any kind on the ground of your site. You will be asked by staff to remove the tent. If there are broken water lines/electrical damages to the site, you will be fined.
- If your sewage overflows or leaks at all, you will receive a minimum of a $100 fine on your account and must clean it immediately. You are responsible for keeping your water, electricity, and sewer in check, or you will be asked to leave our park.
- We encourage people to make their site comfortable and decorate it within reason. Excessive, outwardly offensive, or profane decorations/displays are not permitted. It will be up to the management to decide whether or not something is excessive or offensive.
- Household furniture, indoor appliances (such as washers/dryers, freezers/refrigerators, bathtubs, etc.), car parts, and car seats are not allowed outside the RV. Only outdoor furniture and appliances are permitted.
- Yard sales/ rummage sales are not allowed in the park.
- A private business, including, but not limited to, child care/daycare, manufacturing, and food services may not be conducted on-site unless prior approval by management is granted.
- No illicit drug usage or dealings are tolerated within our park. If it is found that you or one of your guests is using, has possession of, or is dealing with illegal drugs, law enforcement will be called to your site, and you will be immediately removed from the park with no refund.
- Your unit and all of its accessories must be and stay in good condition.
- Temporary canvas carports or tarps of any kind are not permitted at the sites.
Sunscreens and sun sails are allowed; however, they must not be permanently
installed. We suggest showing a picture to staff/management before you buy and put up a new kind of shade for approval.
- Porches, storage sheds, fences, decks, carports, or enclosures are not permitted without prior management approval.
- The park reserves the right to refuse entrance to any RV older than 15 years or in poor condition. Older rigs are welcome to stay with us if they are in good shape. If any rig becomes unsightly or falls into disrepair over the course of your stay with us, Desert View’s management reserves the right to request a tenant to leave the park if they do not make the needed repairs – cosmetic or otherwise.
- Water cooling systems, such as a swamp cooler, are prohibited in any rig.
- No major vehicle repairs are allowed on the site or the property.
- All vehicles, including recreational vehicles, must be legal, registered, and insured. Any non-operating or dilapidated vehicle is prohibited on the park premises or the site.
- Desert View RV Park is a predominantly adult park. Children ages 16 and under can stay up to a week or come and go for temporary amounts of time. Children must be attended to throughout the park’s facilities. Parents are responsible for the safety of their children.
Using our Facilities
- We offer amenities to our guests to make your stay more enjoyable and comfortable. They are communal spaces maintained by our staff but must also be taken care of by the tenants who use them. Any tenant or tenant’s guests found to have damaged, defaced, or stolen any RV Park’s property or their tenants’ property may face legal action, fines, and/or removal from the park.
- We offer free Wi-Fi to our guests. This Wi-Fi cannot accommodate streaming from TVs, consoles, or other large devices. We are in a rural area where Wi-Fi does not have the same capacity as in a city. It may be slower during high-traffic times of the day. If you cannot connect to our Wi-Fi, it may be that your rig or your neighbor’s rig is blocking the signal. We allow our monthly tenants to install their own Wi-Fi and recommend it for long-term stays. Please speak with the management/staff before doing this.
- The laundry facilities are open to guests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Do not underload or overload any washing machines. Do not load single items, pillows, pet beds, rugs, or shoes in our washers. If you are found doing this or damaging any of our washers or dryers, an appropriate fine will be assessed to your account.
- Our private bathrooms are available for your convenience. Do not leave doors open or propped in any way. This allows pests, snakes, and strangers into the bathrooms. Only 2 people are allowed in a single bathroom at one time. Please shut the lights off when you leave the bathroom to avoid attracting bugs. Do not leave heaters on for more than 30 minutes; shut them off completely when you leave. Use both shower curtains provided, and do not flood the bathrooms. Please do not wash animals in our showers. We have an outdoor shower available for this. Lastly, leave the space as clean as possible for the next person.
- If you want to send/receive mail during your stay, we do have a mailroom in our office area that is free to use. We pick up USPS every day except Sunday. FedEx and UPS drop off packages at our office. Please use the following addresses:661 Warm Springs Blvd
Elephant Butte, NM 87935
P.O. Box 870
Elephant Butte, NM 87935
Please put your full name, space number, and the RV park name in the second address line.
- Our Desert View office offers a small store of toiletries, RV parts, snacks, drinks, ice cream, firewood, ice, and complimentary coffee. Come by and see us!
RV Park Etiquette & Disciplinary Action
- During certain seasons, we host free to low-cost activities for our guests to meet new people and build community within the park. These include hikes, paintings and crafts, field trips, lunches/brunches, book clubs, yoga, and more. If you would like to participate, join our emailing list, and talk to staff about how you may get involved or join a group. All are welcome!
- All final decisions about events and event times are up to the management. No single group or person may negate the times of the desired event, even if you are a returned guest.
- Please always be respectful of your neighbors by not infringing upon their privacy in any way and respecting the rules outlined above. We do not tolerate harassment of any sort to any person on our property or towards our staff. If staff receive multiple negative character reviews of a tenant, that tenant may be asked to leave the park to maintain our friendly, compassionate, and fun community.
- We give out formal warnings to our residents that violate the rules stated above. These warnings are given to you in your mailbox or at your site in written form. We work on a three-strike system for lesser violations. Many other, more severe violations result in immediate removal or fines. You may be fined or asked to leave our park on the third formal warning. The decision for removal and the fine amount is up to management.
Love this RV park! It is our favorite one so far…The location is great. The parking spots are very spacious. A lot of expansion happening for extra amenities. Super clean park!Vanessa R
…would recommend to those who want peace and quiet.Ann W
We loved our three-month stay here. The price is great, and the facilities are clean. Beautiful view of the countryside.Cheryl J